Wednesday 25 June 2008

Indiana Jones

Buenas!

Having spent a day or two in Quito, Ecuador, we each went our own way. Nick stayed in Quito a little longer with English Nermalee and then headed off to Lima, Peru. I paid a visit to Ecuadors slice of the Amazon forest with French Amandine.

It's been some dizzle dazzling mindblowing days for me!! Not only did I find my own gold in the rio Humayacu, I also stumbled onto ancient artefacts in a jungle cave; stones, at least a thousand years old, with bird- and snakeheads carved in them. Indiana Jones would be proud of me!

Three days of busses later I found a new adventure in Nazca, Peru. There, an ancient culture has created loads of astonishingly huge lines and figures on the desert soil. Obviously, I had to see this from the air.




My next adventure was awaiting me in the mountains near Nazca. On the 24th of June, the Inca fiesta of the lama, I chased thousands of 'vicuñas' together with the local community. Once all the lama's were gathered, one of them was sacrificed to the Inca sungod. The emperor himself drank its blood.



Good times in the Americas!

No comments: