Tuesday 22 July 2008

Completos, mastodontes y perros feos



What happened to Nick?



Is what my numerous curious fans might ask. Not to worry. Nick has been in most excellent hands.






I spent the past week and a half living with the lovable Chilean Carolina and the rest of the Velasquez-Mol family in ViƱa del Mar (some two hours north of Santiago). We filled the days with kayaking, shooting, walking, horsebackriding, digesting the refined Chilean cuisine and some intense spanish language courses.



Spanish? Well.. Since Chile is a very isolated country (the pacific in the west, the cordillera de los Andes in the east and the Atacama desert in the north), the spanish spoken here, developed into a very distinct language, plenty of 'Chilenismos' and ending every sentence with 'pues' (well), pronounced as 'po'.




Let me also tell you that Chile ranks at number 37 in the UN Human Development Index and that it's infrastructures are among the best in the world. Add to this the stylish (and educated) population and the vastness of it's enchanting environment and you will understand what I mean when I say:



I WANT TO LIVE HERE! PO!

No comments: